Deployment to Azure Media Storage?

Apr 22, 2014 at 6:42 PM
Hey. This looks as if it could solve a problem I'm having with a team of developers. We're using an Azure site to deploy code and content for use in a product under development. The hangup is with content. We're going to use the Azure Media Storage module to keep all uploaded media in Azure Blob storage. Have you considered this? When I deploy (a single graphic image) using your module from local to the azure site, I'm not getting any entries in the Azure blob storage account. I do have an entry under media if I disable the Azure Media Storage module (i.e. pointing to file system storage).
May 27, 2014 at 1:05 PM
This is something that we are interested in doing too.

If I am not mistaken, then this module works under the hood by creating and importing recipes. Because a recipe is just an XML file, then media obviously cannot be transferred using this method.

We have already made a couple of bug fixes to this module, and are looking into expanding it's features to allow for the transfer of media items across environments.

If we do undertake this piece of work, then we'd be willing to contribute back so long as this module's original author doesn't mind.
May 28, 2014 at 3:40 PM
Update: we did this relatively easily (in about 15 minutes).

We've updated our copy of the module and will hopefully get round to creating a Pull Request for it soon.